Sunday 20 January 2013

Diagnostic Radiography Personal Statement



I was inspired to study Diagnostic Radiography when my Aunt who works as a Radiographer told me the wonderful experiences encountered on her shifts at the Hospital. She sometimes brought X-ray images home and taught me the mechanisms of X-rays and anatomy and physiology. I could, however, not study Radiography as it was not one of the courses offered at Universities in Myanmar.

As I have fervent desire to become a professional Radiographer, I have chosen to take Access to HE course in Radiography conducted by Kensington and Chelsea College, in order to pursue BSc Diagnostic Radiography course at University. This Access course is the first step on the path to making my goal a reality. I am especially interested in studying Anatomy, Physics and Mathematics in this Access Course.  Mathematics and Physics I studied in the University help me hugely in studying X-ray, Magnetism, Radio Active Decay, Ionization radiation, radioactivity, electromagnetic.

I went to Royal Brompton Hospital for work placement at Imaging Department, I gained opportunities to speak to different levels of Diagnostic Radiographers and discussed about a Radiographer and his/her role in the hospital. They also enthusiastically explained to me about Imaging Department and a Radiographer. Diagnostic radiographers work mainly within the radiology and imaging departments of hospitals, but may also work in surgeries or clinics. I am very impressed with their profession in action, which ascertained my aim to become a Diagnostic Radiographer. When I was in that hospital, I had a chance to observe taking X-ray to see if the knee of an old man who had fallen over, was broken. Depending upon the result showing in the film, doctor will decide the best way of treatment to him. 

Furthermore, I observed how Diagnostic Radiographers performed X-Rays, CT Scans, MRI Scans, and Ultrasound. Radiographers meet new people constantly and are highly regarded by the patients for their professionalism and the support they provide. They need to operate sophisticated machines and to be computer literate is an experience I already possess when I worked as a Data Analyst for Metronet.

I have a BSc Mathematics Degree from Yangon University in Myanmar and an NVQ Level 2 in Healthcare. This is to prove that I have the necessary skills to undertake research skills for tertiary training, which would be beneficial for my University training as a Diagnostic Radiographer.

I have been working as Care Worker since April 2011 and my responsibilities include working with other care workers and coordinators as a team to provide effective care to our patients. The ability to work as part of a team is also a required skill for Radiographers in the NHS.

Moreover I obtained Care Worker of the Month Award from the Company in June 2012. I believe my strong communication skills, patience, empathy and ability to problem solve, which are all important to a Radiographer, have been developed through both my College student and work experience that I have completed. Working as a Care Worker has given me contact with a range of people and I have learnt how to work independently as well as part of a team. 

For the best care of the patients and to advance myself to a higher position, I made a decision to study Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Radiography at the University level, which will prepare me to provide holistic healthcare to individuals, families and communities. I believe I will succeed in this very demanding health care professional role. I am confident and excited with my carrier choice.

I already have appointment for work placement in other two more hospitals in order to get hand-on experiences in Imaging Department.

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The diagnostic radiology is also one of the statement that usually describe everything about the operation and treatment after once you write everything right you can better judge and understand those of the factors. therapeutic radiography personal statement

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are considering entering medical school, you are undoubtedly facing an expensive and time-consuming time ahead of you. Not only is the actual act of entering and studying for medical school intense, but so is the preparation of it. diagnostic radiography personal statement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although this is been one of the best way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it would be so easy for one to believe in certain perceptional ideas which are known well to everyone then would be so easy chances for you to write your own personal fellowship and statement. neuroradiology fellowship

    ReplyDelete
  6. The better you got to understand about the disease more you would be able to write about good personal statement all the time, it can further makes you professional as well. radiology personal statement

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guys, I would like to add that this question about radiology personal statement is open for me as well, because I can not find help with this issue yet. And I am happy that I have found this web page and I can read some new information for me here. And I am sure that this information should be widely spread everywhere, because I am also sure that there are a lot of people like me, who have some questions but still are looking for any kinds of answers. So thank you once more for your information and your answers right here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, everybody! Do you require some assistance with the essay composing? I recommend you starting with the topic choice, here are the best ideas for the radiology personal statements writing, and I bet you will find a lot of valuable information there. Among them there title choice, recommendations on writing, summarizing, etc. To compose an essay at the best level, your information should be interesting and impressive. In the event that you can't manage your essay writing or you have a little time left, approach us to get some professional help. Check the site to get more data

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guys, I would like to add that this question about radiology personal statement is open for me as well, because I can not find help with this issue yet. And I am happy that I have found this web page and I can read some new information for me here. And I am sure that this information should be widely spread everywhere, because I am also sure that there are a lot of people like me, who have some questions but still are looking for any kinds of answers. So thank you once more for your information and your answers right here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it, thank you! Diagnostic radiography it's a very interesting area in medicine. Hope you will get more and more experience in this field and you will become a true medical. I hope you did the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good site, This article reminds me the past occasions when people used the pigeon for the message as a postman. Nowadays, development beat this blog post anyway a couple of individuals are up 'til now like this stuff since it is so ensured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Section of the Diagnostic Radigraphy with the help of which you can make your life more good. Enjoy the best statement of all the time here with the blog archives. There this blog post related to the science and the fun here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For the personal statement, you can find the new stuff for the fun. Just get the study of the diagnostic radiography and find the new mechanism for the treatment. Get your voice from http://www.residencyprograms.biz/best-radiation-oncology-residency-programs/ and maintain the suitable area.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great website, This short article reminds me personally yesteryear events whenever individuals utilized the actual pigeon for that information like a postman. These days, improvement defeat visit page this web site publish anyhow a few folks are upward 'til right now such as this things because it is really made certain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post reminds people yesteryear functions each time persons used the exact pigeon for the facts such as a postman. Right now,go to website progress eliminate stop by webpage that website post at any rate some people are further up 'til at the moment along these lines factors mainly because really it is made certain.

    ReplyDelete